2010 Arctic Cat Wiring Diagram

Joined

·

6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Howdy all,
I'm a newbie here, not new to sleds(just owning one). I used to run around Iowa on my families Deeres but never owned one myself.

I just picked up an 86 Arctic Cat Cheetah. The PO butchered the wiring. We pulled the starter off, bypassed the ignition switch(I'll use the kill switch), cut out the hand warmers. There are still a few extra wires floating around and the tach had no wires running to it. Is there a free copy of any mid-80s Arctic Cat wiring diagram somewhere that can lead me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Matt

RJ Gleason

Joined

·

34,103 Posts

The tach will run off the yellow wires.

Joined

·

6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #3 ·

the same yellow as the lights and all things requiring a pos (+) source?
There are 2 - dual pin connectors coming out of the stator area of the engine, one has 2 yellows on one side and 1 black and 1 brown making up the other side of the connector....the other connector and 2 yellows and 2 browns. one of the connectors is not hooked to anything the other goes to the voltage regulator. should there be a loose connector or where does is it supposed to go?

I appreciate the help.

matt

RJ Gleason

Joined

·

34,103 Posts

use one of the yellows that runs the lights. do not run it through the regulator.

Joined

·

6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #5 ·

the wiring is a mess and the lights aren't hooked up. I'm trying to determine from where the lights power comes from. Would it make reasonable sense that the 2nd 2pin connector is for lights and accessories. I guess I could always fire it up and start poking with a probe and get a better idea.

Thanks,
Matt

RJ Gleason

Joined

·

34,103 Posts

The lights and accessories will need to go through the regulator. The tach can run direct. Check with the Arctic Cat online microfiche for better details of the wiring harness.

I don't have that link here at work.

Joined

·

6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #7 ·

If you think of it tonite could you please send me the link. I went over to Arcticcat.com and found the parts look up but there was nothing helpfull there so I'm hoping you have a different place to look.

Thanks,
Matt

RJ Gleason

Joined

·

34,103 Posts

That setup looks almost exactly like my '80 Pantera. The tach was driven by a cable that was attached to the engine through the recoil assembly.

This is the link that I meant; ' + objMainFrame.arrApplicationTitle['EN'] + ' -- EMPARTweb Version 5.2.2
Arctic Cat E-Parts Catalogs -- EMPARTweb Version 5.2.2

Joined

·

31 Posts

ignition wiring

HI my ignition wiring key and thether switch are not wired would you know the color sequence for these as the wires are just hanging there Thanks Alex

Joined

·

8 Posts

You know what I have the same question about the color code for the key switch there are 2 reds a brown and purple wire. The key switch has 5 male connectors on my 1998 arctic cat with electric start. A picture is all I need.

Joined

·

8 Posts

nevermind i found the book for my exact same sled brand new on ebay

Source: https://www.snowmobileforum.com/threads/1986-arctic-cat-wiring-diagram.20726/

Posted by: millardmillardchowanece0274317.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post